Want to get involved?
Wolf Creek Mill has a variety of opportunities to get involved as a volunteer or donor.
Friends of Wolf Creek Mill is an all-volunteer 501c3 non-profit. Everything we do is made possible by volunteers, donors, and patrons attending events to support the project, and we couldn't do it without all of you.
Work Creek Grist Mill is always in need of volunteers to help with our two main fundraising events every year, Winefest & Oktoberfest. Volunteer roles include set up / tear down, front gate, parking, bartending, and many other opportunities. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older by the date of the event. This is mandatory & valid photo ID's are a requirement.
- Volunteer roles are not compensated with money nor tips. You will, however, be rewarded for your dedication & hard work with food, libations, crazy fun, & camaraderie with fellow volunteers.
- As a volunteer, you will become the face of Wolf Creek Grist Mill Historic Park & Museum as a representative to the public. We are looking for reliable, friendly, enthusiastic volunteers that possess a high level of professionalism & are counting on you to be courteous & helpful to all visitors & offer additional assistance to those with special needs.
- We count on your presence & your prompt arrival. Please check your schedule prior to submitting an application. If your schedule changes after you have been selected as a volunteer, please contact us as soon as possible.
- We are a team & appreciate your willingness to help out wherever & whenever needed throughout the duration of the fundraiser/ your shift. We will try our best to schedule you for the area you've requested.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will be following up with you to confirm that you've been selected as a volunteer for this year's fundraiser.
If all that sounds good, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let our Volunteer Coordinator know what you're interested in helping with!
Wolf Creek Grist Mill Historic Park & Museum is open Saturday & Sunday noon – 5pm May through October as volunteers are available. Weekend ambassadors are responsible for opening & closing the museum & park and staffing the welcome center cabin during open hours. Sign up for as many days as you would like.
Volunteers needed spring through fall for weekly mowing, trimming, weeding, clean-up, trail maintenance, and general grounds keeping & maintenance.
SCOUT TROOPS & GROUP OPPORTUNITIES:
Groups are invited to work on projects including but not limited to general clean-up of the grounds & mill, painting, staining, trail maintenance, & building projects. If your scout troop, organization, or group is interested in service projects at Wolf Creek Grist Mill please contact us at least four weeks in advance in order for us to coordinate projects & supplies.
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS:
Wolf Creek Grist Mill has greatly benefited from multiple Eagle Scout projects including building the outdoor horse arena and construction of the observation deck on the loop trail. If you'd like to complete your Eagle Scout project at the Mill please contact us with a proposed project or we can help identify areas of need for future projects.
CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE PROJECTS:
Volunteers needed for new construction projects, restoration projects, cabin reconstruction, equipment operators, architectural & engineering services, painting, staining, carpenters, masons, all construction trades and general building maintenance throughout the Mill Park, historic village, and event property.
MISCELLANEOUS AREAS OF NEED:
Historical specialty services or abilities, demonstrators, bands & musicians needed at various times throughout the season. If you feel you have something unique to share with Wolf Creek Grist Mill Historic Park & Museum please contact us!